May 5, 2019

A PLACE WHERE LAUNDRY IS CHARGED BY WEIGHT AND NOT BY NUMBER


So far wherever I went, whether in India or abroad, I saw laundry being charged by number and also the type of clothes.  You go to a laundry, handover the clothes and the laundry man will count these and note the details of clothes.  Then he will receive it and bill you accordingly.

A roadside laundry at Siem Reap, Cambodia

    But during my Cambodia tour in September, 2013, what I saw was different than I had been seeing so far.  At Siem Reap, Cambodia, the laundry was charged by weight and not by number.  And it was very cheap too.  The laundry owners in street or even in the hotels, will just weigh the clothes, receive it in a bag and then bill you at the rate of US$1 per kg.  The clothes were handed over in the evening washed, ironed and neatly folded.


Laundry sign board showing the rate 1 kg = 1 US dollar

    Really a novel experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment