May 17, 2019

THOUGHTS IN MY MIND ON TURNING EIGHTY


Yesterday, i.e. 16th May, was my birthday.  I completed eighty years and entered into 81st.
Though birthday is an annual feature as it comes every year raising your age by one. But still I think 80 is not an ordinary number.  It is a multiple of five.  Even government recognizes it as a special point in your age as you get a special raise in your pension. So it is time for new resolutions.
Previous year was quite productive. Besides many articles, I also wrote two books. One is already published and the other is scheduled to be out quite soon.  I made a few very useful contacts this including Dr. Tara Sen Thakur, who assisted me in writing the book, SOME WILD GROWING FOOD PLANTS OF THE WESTRN HIMALAYAS and is  my co-author.


 





I am not bodily same as I was on the day I had turned 75 (see my blog post of that day at the link https://fruitipedia.blogspot.com/2018/09/thoughts-in-my-mind-on-75th-birthday-16.html). I find physical strength declined. I have not only stopped travelling outside India, but have even started feeling inland travel stressful. I have now started feeling the need for a walking stick while walking on streets. I also had to stop visiting the Botanical Garden at IIT, Kamand.

But I still the thing I enjoy most is my work.  My most favourite place at home is my office where I spend 8-10 hours a day.

I have a very large collection of books besides my subject. Now I have started gifting these. Recently, after getting motivated from a blog post of Mr. Somesh Goyal, DGP Prisons, HP, I gifted 187 Hindi books alongwith a book case to District Jail, Mandi. I also gifted books from my collection to Dr.  Bharti Kashyap from Nauni University and Dr. Kiran Kaur from Shere Kashmir Agricultural University.  I am looking for a suitable taker for Fruitipedia too.

So my dream is to continue working long as body allows. I have some writing projects in my mind. Therefore on this day, I pray to Lord to give me strength to complete these projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment